Perception are always interested in speaking with talented, passionate people that love data and would like to help in building a great place to work. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity and are straight up about who we are and what we want to achieve.
Data Analytics Consultant
We’re Perception Ltd and we’re based in Greystones, overlooking the new harbour. We also have offices in Edinburgh and Manchester. We are a niche BI, analytics and data company, working with a range of Data Analysis tools, including Tableau, Alteryx, Logi Info, Microsoft BI Stack, as well as a diverse number of database technologies. We always have our eyes out for new and exciting technologies. Our technology stack, skills and experience have allowed us to deliver projects which our customers love.
Currently, we’re hoping to find someone to employ as a consultant, in a permanent role. We’re looking for someone who is broadly experienced and comfortable working as a conduit between technical and non-technical people, querying databases, and providing customer-ready visualisations. This is a role which is customer-facing and as such, soft skills are very important. There are also a number of technical skills checkboxes which we need to tick:
On the back end:
- Great SQL skills
- Python for data analysis and ETL work
- e. Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib.
- We would love someone who’s done some work with Scikit, Tensorflow and other forward looking statistical and machine learning modules as well but this is not essential
- Experience or education in database modelling and design (you will not be asked to design and implement a database but you will need to have knowledge of this area to be able to correctly communicate what you need to our back-end team)
On the front end:
- You’ve used visualisation tools to communicate data in a clever, succinct and engaging way. If you have contributed to Kaggle, Tableau Public or some such forum you are at an advantage! (We like to see work which you’ve done previously!)
- We also have no problem training you to use any tool; as long as you have experience in visualisation and understand the underlying principles
The soft stuff:
- Relevant working experience and related degree
- Team-orientated, with the desire and ability to work in a fast paced, relatively unstructured environment
- Ability to work independently
- The ability to communicate and present to technical and non-technical project stakeholders
Nice to have:
- Have previously worked in an Agile environment
- Experience in predictive analytics and statistics
- Contributions to data analytics online community forums \ demonstrable work or portfolio
- A genuine interest in data analytics. We’re looking for people who are hungry to know more and are really interested about what’s going on in the field
What we offer:
You will have the opportunity to attain both Tableau Desktop and Server Associate within three months of joining Perception. You will then be eligible for the Tableau Desktop Professional accreditation or Tableau Server Professional accreditation (depending on your preference). We offer full support in achieving all of these valuable accreditations. You will be given the time and training necessary. We’re serious about upskilling our employees and adding to their value, if you have a relevant accreditation or other educational certificate which you’d like to pursue, we’re more than happy to assist you in that process.
Since we have offices in the U.K., the ideal candidate would be excited about working on projects abroad and have the requisite clearance to work in the UK.
We’re small enough that your voice matters, but large enough that we have some really exciting projects with some very big clients.
In short, we’re a company entirely focused on data analysis and all that is going on in this rapidly-changing and exciting field. If you’re passionate about this area too, this is the ideal place to work and grow.
You can apply here: