Perception are passionate about the value that Tableau Training can bring to businesses, enabling them to see and understand their data clearly with actionable insights. We love sharing this enthusiasm and training people so they can improve their Tableau skills. We have developed our onsite Tableau Training into four Course types to meet each individual company’s preferred needs. Perception Trainers are all Tableau Certified Trainers.
1) Tableau Fundamentals – Desktop I Training – 2 Days
- Generally, organisations will start with a two-day Tableau Desktop I Fundamentals Training Course. This gets you and your team up and running quickly with a broad understanding of what you and your company can achieve with Tableau
- Learn how to easily connect to multiple data sources, get insight through analytics and create visually appealing dashboards. A more comprehensive overview is below
- This course can take a maximum of 15 students who will be trained by one of our highly skilled Tableau Certified Trainers
2) Tableau Intermediate – Desktop II Training – 2 Days
- Once you and your team have been mastered the fundamentals in the Tableau Desktop I Training, some organisations and power users then choose the Tableau Desktop II Intermediate Training Course for deep dive analytics and insight
- learn complex calculations with advanced chart types and visualisations a full overview can be found here
- This course can take a maximum of 15 students who will again be trained by one of our highly skilled Tableau Certified Trainers
3) Knowledge Transfer & Deliverable
- On this Tableau Training course a maximum of four people with at least fundamental understanding of the software will be trained on a specific number of days
- Each participant will be assisted in building a dashboard using your their own data. The data preparation process must be performed in advance of this course for you to get the maximum insight on the days
- As you are assisted with a dashboard as a deliverable with your own data the knowledge transfer will naturally take place
- These days are delivered by Tableau Desktop Professionals who are fully certified by Tableau
4) Data/Dashboard Tableau Training Workshop
- As with the above course, a maximum of four people who have already mastered the fundamentals in Tableau will work with clean demo data to learn ‘tips and tricks’. We can use your data, but the data preparation process must be performed in advance
- On this course you will learn how to shape and form your data in order to get the most out of it
- You will also get a rapid look at what you can achieve by using Tableau on your data or demo data
We also provide offsite Tableau Training if required.
Tableau Training from Perception provides our clients with the essential knowledge to optimise the value of the software. Specifically Perception Tableau Fundamentals – Desktop I Training – 2 Days covers:
- Working with data
- preparation of data for Tableau
- working with data types
- manipulation of data and data types
- joining data sources in Tableau
- data blending
- calculated fields
- calculated fields based on logical tests
- calculations based on datasets with different levels of granularity
- level of detail calculations
- calculated dimensions
- calculations with parameters
- overview of different chart types
- continuous vs discrete values
- changing measures and dimensions with parameters
- formatting options
- table calculations (YoY, YTD, MoM, Running Total/Avg., etc.)
- bins and its use for presenting distribution
- additional training on how to create market basket analysis, Pareto chart and other
- stacked vs floating design
- filtering data (filters, using charts as filters)
- hiding/displaying objects based on parameters
Where will we provide Tableau Training?
Whether your company or organisation choose onsite Tableau Training or offsite Tableau Training, Perception will accommodate either. We have provided Tableau Training throughout Ireland and the UK in Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh, London to name a few and even the Isle of Man. So, once again Perception have you covered wherever you are located. We also provide training directly for and on behalf of Tableau.
Who benefits from our Tableau Training?
Perception are extremely experienced in delivering Tableau Training and consulting to many companies, organisations, semi-state and government departments such as Bank of Ireland, Scottish TV, RTE, Pfizer, Stryker, Department of Jobs, Science Foundation Ireland, Zurich, National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI), CarTrawler, FBD, The Arts Council, MunichRe to name just a few.
So what happens after Tableau Training?
Perception provide solid services in and around Tableau deployments. Our consulting can take the form of capacity or capability as well as Support Services and Managed Services. So, if you need highly skilled Tableau or data professionals for your project to either increase numbers in your team to get projects over the line or perhaps you need them to provide direct consulting on your project. Either way Perception can assist you by providing experienced people that can hit the ground running. Our consultants have worked on long and short term engagements as required and have provided insightful and experienced knowledge to many companies.
Perception should be your clear choice when it comes to delivering Certified Tableau Training. Please click below and get in touch with us to discuss your next onsite or offsite Tableau Training needs.